Tuesday 8 August 2017

Birthdays & a Quilt Finished


We had a lovely family get together in July when my sisters and I got together in Sydney to celebrate our Mum's 88th birthday!! .....
 .... we laughed so much and took so long to take photos this is where the candles got to by the time Mum was blowing them out.... we all thought we'd be eating candle wax! 
With a little help (?) from Dora I managed to stitch the binding on this quilt - a belated birthday present for my sister Vivien and was able to give it to her when we were all in Sydney.......


 And.... as Vivien is a book designer we decided to take an "artistic" shot of the quilt!.........
Also finished one of my many knitting projects.... a lovely warm scarf.....
.....read a couple more books and finished another jigsaw puzzle (my new hobby)................



And....then August arrived ....and my birthday! Amongst lovely gifts from family and friends I also received these from my fellow "Fat Quarter Birthday Swap" members ......

....a lovely selection of greens as I'm collecting greens to be used for a quilt I plan to make (one day!) that will remind me of the lovely green forests we wandered through when I was in Europe last year......
This past weekend was spent with a little more hand stitching and decision making about the next quilt for a special person!  ...... fabrics being sorted and deciding on a pattern!
Till next time....
Happy Stitching
Asta

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had a great birthday Asta... wow those candles did burn down really far!... Enjoy collecting your forest-y greens. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birthday memories and a good laugh is great for the soul.
    So pleased the birthday club members came through & helped you celebrate your special day. xox

    ReplyDelete