Friday 29 September 2017

On Holidays!

Yes, I know, my absence must have been noted for those that read my blog but I have not been on holidays - yet.... now I am on holidays for a couple of weeks and thought I MUST update before heading off to hopefully warmer parts - not that it has been particular cold here on the South Coast! 
So....here is a quick update - as I still have to pack and this blog update is on my "to do" list before leaving!
I had been doing some secret stitching for the Fat 1/4 Birthday club I'm in and my "secret" birthday girl's birthday was in September so now I can show you what I made for her.....
Pattern: Vicki Porter

 I have read a few books..... this first one based on a true story and because of that I found it quite moving - a review said "Agnus will stay with you long after the last page is turned" and I did find this to be true.....
 Time then to read a more "light hearted" novel.....
Followed by a Di Morrissey book.....
And....another jigsaw puzzle finished.... a little "ginger"...ummm wonder why I should choose that one?
 Time for a very belated birthday lunch (not mine)..... with some very dear friends at St Isidore.... a lovely restaurant with it's own produce garden and through which we wandered after a very delicious lunch!
 Here.... looking back at the restaurant from the garden.
And..... a very special person arrived home a week ago with her fiance for a short visit (only 2 weeks) but so lovely to have them both here.......They  spent their 1st week here.... even cooking me dinner one night (both chefs!) 
I am heading off this weekend for the 1st week of my holiday to Burleigh Heads visiting Hayley and her partner - picking up my (mid North Coast) sister, Linda, on the way and.... how great is this .....Megan & James are also heading to Burleigh Heads for the 2nd week of their holiday (though they will be flying) and going through Bundanoon first to visit her other Aunt & Uncle - looking forward to this coming week and being together with both my girls and their partners - doesn't happen very often!!
I think I'd better go and pack - heading off to Sydney first to spend some time with mum & dad as well! 
Will be back when I return with some holiday "snaps" 

Till next time
Happy Stitching
Asta

3 comments:

  1. Nice to have kids home for a visit! Enjoy your vacation~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time away especially with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to spend time with your girls, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete