Tuesday 11 July 2017

My! How Time Flies

Back again.... and before I go any further I must include this photo Megan sent me on Mother's Day - completely forgot to add it to my last post.... 
She has been away for 3 Mother's Days now and every year has sent me a photo....this year it was near Oxfordshire where her and her partner James are renting at the moment. 
Now back to June....and the arrival of Winter! A lovely wire basket and some little "pots of colour" and my back deck table was ready for the cold days ahead!
Early in June it was time for a hernia operation.... a hernia that I'm sure must have been brought on by some heavy gardening the year before.... maybe I should resort to the style of gardening that involves only "pots of colour"?...this of course meant a couple of weeks of recuperating at home - doing basically not a lot.... 
Lovely flowers were received from work.....
......Dora enjoyed my company everyday (for a change I wasn't at work).......
.......even watching over me as I brought out a jigsaw puzzle to while away the hours - though she did try to eat the pieces there were none missing at the end!
Have read a few books over the last month or so......
A couple of stitching projects were sorted out - one to start and one to complete....
 One did get started - a secret project....but the other one is still to be finished.....so I guess you could say I now have 2 (more) UFOs....
Lots of wool inspired projects to keep me going.... a scarf (wool and pattern a gift from a friend while recuperating), socks, a jumper for me and my ongoing crochet blanket....
And so - with friends calling in, reading, stitching, jigsaw puzzling, knitting I managed to fill in my 2 weeks at home before it was time to return to work towards the end of June.... 
Then one celebration became two.... the first being Megan's birthday (she had just arrived back in England from 5 weeks travelling around Spain - she has a very patient partner!......)

 ....... the second coming a few days later (early July) when James got down on bended knee and proposed to Megan in the French Alps where they were holidaying!!....of course her answer was yes!!.... a big surprise for everyone! ........and a wedding in England sometime next year! (She does say that they will eventually move back to Australia!) 
Time to "send" another cake (not the same one)........
And that about brings me up to date....though at the moment I've had another couple of days off work after getting a mild case of the flu : ( .....have spent time reading but that was about all I felt like doing..... will be back again soon - maybe with some stitching updates! 

Happy Stitching
Asta

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are fully recovered now Asta. I love your bright Happy Mother's day photo and congrats to the happy couple. Nothing like some good books to dive into. I read Husband's Secret but wasn't a fan yet lots of friends loved it. What did you think of it? Stay warm and cosy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such exciting news about Megan! How lovely. Great to see you back.

    ReplyDelete