Sunday 18 February 2018

Last Week.....

Last week..... came home from work to find this parcel at my front door.....
Inside......
Yes....another project!
The same time last year I started a project from Lucy at Attic 24 - it was a CAL (crochet-a-long) - the design was called "Moorland" blanket...... I was drawn to the lovely colours she chose as they depicted the heather on the English Moors....this is where it is up to at present.....
The pattern was "ripple" design....... I had ripples everywhere - not just across the width but the sides as well!! It was starting to look like another UFO in the making!! I have decided I will go back to it - as soon as the weather cools off!! Meanwhile...... she has another CAL called "Woodland" blanket based on Autumn colours with the blue sky filtering through the trees.... as I love Autumn I just HAD to order this as well...... but am thinking when I do start it may just be rows of granny squares - something simple!! 
My "secret sewing" has also been finished this week - no peeking yet! 
Back to reading.... during the week I finished this book.....
....inside the dust cover of this book it describes it as a collection of "new and uncollected tales of murder, mischief, magic and madness"...... well, some stories I really enjoyed, others I didn't and the last left me feeling quite....saddened.... I feel like I now need to read a much happier and light-hearted book..... off to browse through my bookcase & see what I find......
I will leave you with a photo of Miss Dora enjoying a balmy Sunday evening in one of her favourite spots.......
Till next time...
Happy Stitching
Asta




5 comments:

  1. Very pretty colours there Asta... enjoy working with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such pretty colours in your wools.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely parcel...such pretty yarns. I have just finished Milly Johnsons Teashop on the Corner.....such a nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognise that post bag .... I received one a little while ago too ... how beautiful are the colours ?? Looking forward to seeing your finished blanket Asta !!! Don't hold your breath waiting for mine !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wool from the Wool Warehouse, so soft.

    ReplyDelete