Monday 20 June 2016

A Little Holiday

Well it's now been just over a week since I got back from a very relaxing 2 week holiday up north visiting my sister, Linda..... 
Some supplies were purchased along the way..... more felted bowls?

An overnight stay in Sydney before I was back on the road with a late lunch at the beautiful Hunter Region Botanical Gardens.....
s
 While away we caught up with an "old" and dear friend, Margaret... we grew up together as children living next door to each other... then went off in different directions and over the past few years have "found" each other again! She now lives not far from Linda so a perfect chance to catch up over a delicious lunch at The Old Bank Cafe in Gladstone......

Another lunch out - at the Westport Club......our view over the Hastings River at Port Macquarie.....
 ...... we did enjoy the occasional lunch at home....
....and a picnic lunch....

With all that eating we did have to "hit the pavement" with a bit of walking.... here we are out on the break wall 
Linda said I wasn't wearing my hat properly in this photo!

 The weather wasn't always so kind as we were hit by "that" big low that travelled down the coast....

 
 Time for a little op-shopping ....... an old ironing board to be used as a potting bench in the garden (love the orange colour) and a lovely old chair that just needs a little TLC...
All too soon it was time to start heading southward bound for home..... along the way a stop at a quaint little town - Nabiac - and another old chair was fitted into my car!
Talk about timing....who should I run into in Nabiac but my other sister Vivien and her husband on their way north to visit Linda as well!!

Another couple of nights stop over in Sydney with mum and dad.... and while dad kept the "home fires burning" mum & I are shared a girls day out at Chatswood.
So... did I add to my stash while away? Of course!  But that will all be in my next update......together  with my latest projects.

Till then.... Happy Stitching!
Asta

1 comment: