Tuesday 29 April 2014

OPAM Finishes

My 2 finishes for this month.....

This one is a block from Rosalie Quinlan's pattern "Best Friends Forever" - the ladies from my embroidery group that Fiona runs were given one each as "homework" over our Xmas break - they will then be made into the quilt to be raffled at the end of the year...... I know Xmas was a while ago but I eventually got it finished.


And...this pair of socks are now finished.... shortly to be mailed off to my other sister - lives in Crescent Head on the north coast but says it gets cold enough to wear these woollen socks - the 2nd pair I've made for her.....

This wool (Paton's Patonyle 4 ply) was originally sold in 50g balls but now comes in 100g - I found as 2 x 50g balls  - one for each sock - the  pattern it made was more symmetrical than with 1 ball for both socks - a bit of a shame as I really loved the symmetrical look.....but the warmth is still there!!


That's it for now - haven't long got home from work - off to have some dinner and then head out to our embroidery night - must find my next project though!

Happy Stitching
Asta

2 comments:

  1. Love your hexie and those socks are amazing, well done on your finshes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous socks...colourful AND warm... what could be better! :)

    ReplyDelete