Tuesday 11 April 2023

What have I been doing.....

 Here we are already nearly half way through April AND Autumn!! Time to really do a bit of a catch up....

The Easter weekend has come and gone but here is a little bit of my Easter decorating..... one little felt bunny made it to Easter as "finished" ... the weekend was spent doing some reading, baking, stitching, gardening, catching up with friends & with the family via Zoom!

A visit to see Mum and Dad the weekend before coincided with "Brigadoon" - an annual "Highland Gathering" of the clans - with a street parade, over 20 pipe bands, traditional and not so traditional highland games and so much more..... well worth a visit! 
Since beginning of March I have now been working a 3 day week - why didn't I do this sooner - creative productivity has increased - the following are all works in progress .....
Embroidering felt flowers for a cushion....
More stars being made for a quilt.....
And ....look familiar? Yes here we are again back to Anni Downs's quilt "Gossip in the Garden" - at the beginning of every year I take it out to finish and get no further than one more panel - this one completed last month...  let's see how far I progress this time around! 
A couple of small projects have been finished lately - due to them being gifts so couldn't really be a work in progress for too long...... a little bag for whatever and a lavender bag....
A quilt has also been put together so I can practice "free motion" quilting - why do little samples I thought.....just jump right in.....hasn't been started yet and no photo - at time of photo shoot  a little Miss decided it was a good spot to sit! 
My other love of reading has not been overlooked...... these being the books read over the last couple of months - all enjoyed and all very different..... I even found an Agatha Christie I had not read in a 2nd hand shop.... have quite a collection of these as they were also the first books bought to read on our annual family holidays as a teenager
And keeping creativity in the family my girls (now living close to each other) had a go at pottery recently.... I did once (many, many years ago) try it but just wasn't my thing - too gooey and wet! They certainly enjoyed it! 
I think that's about it for now..... anything forgotten will be added to my next post... together with any further progress on my projects. 

Happy Stitching
Asta 










No comments:

Post a Comment