Wednesday 1 June 2022

Special times.....

Oh my goodness! Has it really been that long again since I was last here!!  Well, I think I will keep it to the main events for now...... 

Going  way back to February Mum & Dads' aged care home in Bundanoon decided to celebrate Estonian National Day as my parents are Estonian.... so... my sister and I dressed up in our national costumes - we were amazed they still fitted as it was many years since we had worn them when we did Estonian folk dancing!! It was a great day - with a morning tea and a short documentary style film on Estonia..... many of the residents were fascinated in learning about a little known country - some thought we were about to start dancing but unfortunately they were out of luck! 

In April (19th to be precise) Mum & Dad celebrated a very special occasion ....
their 70th Wedding Anniversary!! 
The staff at the home baked a cake for them and we also took in a cake and flowers - they have certainly reached a milestone.....
May then arrived and time for a Mothers' Day visit to Bundanoon.... I arrived to be greeted by colourful Autumn leaves - and surprise, surprise it wasn't raining!
Mum & Dads' aged care home put on a lovely Mothers' Day morning tea..... the room decorated with pink and purple balloons, vases of flowers and yummy cakes with cups of tea...... 
I actually had my needle and thread out before Mothers' Day making Mum a small lavender bag......
And Megan in England sent her traditional Mothers' Day message ...this year from Bristol !
As always have been reading...... over Easter and weeks on either side.....
A week ago we had great news from Megan  .....her husband James has had his Permanent Residency Visa approved!! So now they are on track to arrive home by (hopefully) September / October.... Megan left for a 3 year working holiday in 2015 - of course she met the man of her dreams and it has taken a little longer for her return - though we have had visits and I've been able to travel over to catch up with them. 


And.... today.... SOLD.... our family home of 70 years (not counting the 10 years prior when my Uncle and family lived there before leaving for Canada and selling on to Mum & Dad) ...we all have been  very fortunate that a young family has bought the house and it will be kept in its original state with only a possible extension out the back..... as my blog becomes a journal I will do a separate post about our home.... my sisters and I have spent many a week over the past months packing up the memories! 
.
Meanwhile 1st June has arrived and with it very cold weather!! ..... and this little Miss always finds the sunny spots....
So that about catches you up with the latest from here..... I have started doing a bit more stitching, knitting is happening, more books are being read, enjoying working my 4 day week ...but more next time including more of our Sydney home sale..... 

Happy Stitching
Asta









2 comments:

  1. wow 70 years..........how nice to wear your traditional costumes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you blogging Asta. Sad about your parents' home but I suppose it was inevitable. So exciting to hear your lovely daughter will back this year!

    ReplyDelete