Wednesday 31 March 2021

How Time Flies!

 Oh my! Has it really been that long since my last post!! Well, time to do a bit of a catch up with a few photos thrown in...... 

Going back to end January the family gathered together in Sydney again for an early celebration of my sister Linda's birthday....

Into February and - surprise, surprise - I actually had some creativity happening..... a friend was gifted a "chicken" and some time ago (won't say how long ago but I've never known of chickens to take so long to incubate!!)  she asked for a couple more.... finally they got made...and a needle case for Linda - who is quite an avid embroiderer! 
And, of course, a bit of reading - really enjoy books by Kate Morton......
While we were enjoying some Summery weather here over in England Megan & James finally had snow towards the end of February..... she said it was just like walking through Narnia from The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.....
Now for some holiday photos ...... No overseas holidays yet so early March my other sister & I spent a week at Linda's place on the mid-north coast....We had many afternoon / morning teas out.....here we are at Miss Nellies in Kendall - who was to know that just a couple of weeks later it was inundated by the severe flooding experienced in that area. 
The local garden centre also (very conveniently) has a great cafe - a couple of visits here....
One morning we managed to arise before sunrise and headed up to a vantage point to watch the sunrise.... with a thermos packed we enjoyed a cup of hot tea as it was rather cool at that time of the morning!
Another day and we enjoyed catching up with a dear "old" friend over lunch at the Gladstone Pub - she was our neighbour in Sydney where we all grew up together and now lives about an hour north of Linda.....lots of stories to share that day! 
With so much eating out a little exercise was to be added to the itinerary..... believe me this did not happen often! 
And.... we did get to the beach but not for long as bearing down on us was a big storm - but we did get our feet wet!
Now.... what holiday would be complete without finding a patchwork shop!! Tucked away through the gate and down an overgrown path - "I Love Country" - full of a great range of embroidery threads, a small but very interesting range of fabrics and any other notions required for stitching!! Was a purchase made you ask? Well, of course! Unfortunately, I did see on their face book page that they were closed due to water damage from the recent flooding. 
And..... my sister has a cat called Milly who shared my bed, my lap - even sleeping in my open suitcase so while on holiday I was not deprived of feline company while Dora was back at home enjoying her "holiday" at the pet motel! 
Holiday over and it was back home and back to work...... a few days off again with the Easter holiday just around the corner...... some quiet time, some catching up with friends and some stitching - have a few things on the go at the moment  - perhaps too many so will be taking a while to get something actually finished I think..... will pop back sooner next time!

Happy Stitching
Asta









 




2 comments: