Sunday 2 August 2020

The Last Month.....

Here we are into August already....life as we know it has still not changed and so I go between work and home.... we did have a scare of the virus here a couple of weeks ago but thankfully has now passed and this week  am looking forward to my small embroidery group getting together again .........but, to catch up since last posting.....
There have been a couple of birthdays over the last few weeks....firstly Megan's in England and as always I sent her a "virtual" birthday cake.....
.....then a few weeks later is was my mum's 91st birthday.... plans to head to Sydney were cancelled so thought it a nice idea to also send her a "virtual" birthday cake together with a cup of tea and flowers.......
 A couple more books have been read..... thoroughly enjoyed "Becoming Michelle Obama"  they were an amazing couple and very interesting reading about living in the White House! This was followed by an all time classic.... "The Hound of the Baskervilles" - bought in England in 2018 (!) 
And..... (drumroll happening here)..... I finally finished Hayley's quilt - started some time ago (!)  and has been waiting for the binding to be done since last year....

Unfortunately the true colours don't really show up as there was no white - it was all blacks, greys and beiges with a touch of "wine". I posted it to Queensland and was very pleased knowing it had arrived when she sent me a lovely thank you message! 
Also out of the basket with further progress being made is my crochet blanket started 3 Winters ago.... perhaps this year I'll get it finished?? 
While Megan was in "lock down" in England she took up embroidery and has done some beautiful work.....  here is my Mothers' Day present she sent....I think I have forgotten to "show it off" in any previous post..... 
And will finish off with photo of a double rainbow I came across on my way home from work a few weeks ago....... 
Off to find another stitching project and book to read!! 

Happy Stitching
Asta


3 comments:

  1. Lovely to catch up with your news Asta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to catch up on your news Asta. Your quilt looks wonderful and beautiful work from your daughter. Looks like we have a new Stitcher in our midst. I did wonder about Michelle Obamas book. Thanks for the critique. Happy birthday to your special folk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to catch up Asta..... The quilt is lovely and how special your daughters taken up sewing......

    ReplyDelete