Monday 22 April 2019

Easter

It has been a very quiet Easter weekend here..... time to relax after the last couple of months of rehearsals and shows at the theatre.....
Once the show was over I had a week during which time I had decided to make some little bunnies for both my sisters and mum for Easter - the same as my Florence seen here checking out the Easter eggs..... 
Well, I had quite a production going on each evening after work and at times wondered what had possessed me to even think of making 3 of them in a week (and 1 weekend) before they had to be posted to arrive in time for Easter!

 And all ready.... about to be packed for safe travel to new homes! 
All arrived at their destinations on time and were very well received - am now waiting to see what their names are to be.....something old-fashioned - classic??
I spent some time pottering in the garden which led me to think it was about time I should get back to Anni Downs's "Gossip in the Garden".....started a couple of years ago (?) - note my favourites (hexagons) were made first!....And that was as far as I got! 
Am now planning on starting this again....maybe will try and get one block done each month...let's see if that works! 
A book has been read over the Easter weekend....finished this afternoon over a cup of tea and a piece of Irish Tea Cake....made myself!! Loaded with cranberries, prunes, sultanas and apricots which had to marinade in Irish tea overnight....quite tasty with a good spread of butter added! ....the book ("Belly Dancing for Beginners") was another good read from Liz Byrski. 
No photos but there was some stitching done on "Stitch Therapy 365" ......next time will update on that.....Off to find a DVD to watch for the night and finish off the weekend with a bit of knitting! 

Happy Stitching
Asta


2 comments:

  1. Your bunnies are so sweet and what a lovely gift! Did you knit their cardies too? Loved that book, it was great! Enjoy your Gossip in the Garden x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bunnies.. To fiddly for me to make. ...

    ReplyDelete