Saturday 22 December 2018

The Last Couple of Months

Now an update - filling in the last couple of months since returning from my English holiday in September....
In October the family gathered together in Sydney to celebrate Dad's 96th birthday..... 
An annual visit to the Gerringong Quilt Exhibition in November....there were some lovely inspirational quilts on display.....pictures of just a few....
Early December & my sisters & I combined our "creations" and had a stall at.....
I spent a couple of very busy months after my holiday"creating".......X-stitch hand towels, patchwork block mug mats, glasses cases & chickens!!
.....setting up in the hall.....and our colourful stall.....
A few books have been read - between travelling & creating! And.... a few more have been added to my reading  list!!
Before the sewing machine was packed away (for a while) I finally made 2 Christmas pillows from 2 fabric panels bought in Chamonix, France 2 years ago!! Very appropriately, the pillows are backed in French General fabric....it was then time to set up the Christmas tree, decorate the house and display my Santas - now around 60 in number!
The embroidery group I belong to gathered at my place to finish off the year with  Christmas drinks & nibbles......
.....and, while I am now finally up to date with my blog, another festive season approaches - time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas & a Happy, Healthy & Creative 2019!

Asta











4 comments:

  1. You have been very busy Asta....loved seeing the quilts and your lovely stall items...hope you did well. That's a wonderful Santa collection. Merry Christmas to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Asta. Nice to see some familiar faces around your table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts at the exhibition, and beautiful market items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Realmente|Verdaderamente|Sinceramente|Absolutamente} amo {tu blog|tu sitio|tu sitio web}. Colores y tema {muy bonitos|excelentes|placenteros|geniales}. ¿Tú mismo {creaste|desarrollaste|hiciste|construiste} {este sitio web|este sitio|este sorprendente sitio}? Por favor, respóndeme porque estoy {buscando|tratando de|planeando|queriendo} crear {mi|mi propio} {blog|sitio web|sitio} y {me gustaría|quisiera|me encantaría} {saber|conocer|averiguar} de dónde sacaste esto o {cómo|exactamente cómo|justamente cómo} {se llama|se nombra} el tema. ¡{Gracias|Muchas gracias|Saludos|Muy agrdecido}! Terapia de pareja malaga

    ReplyDelete