Sunday 21 September 2014

Snakes Alive!

Another weekend over and this is how my weekend finished off....


Now for those of you who live on properties this would not be anything unusual but ...for me, well.... I live in a small coastal town but do have a bush reserve behind me. I guess after 15 or so years living in this house this is only the 2nd snake I have encountered  - the first being a baby red-belly making it's way through my laundry...but this snake was BIG but harmless being a Diamond Python - though that doesn't make it any more pleasant to have around!! First saw it as it was peering over the gutter on my back veranda - made a quick dash inside to get the camera and then kept an eye on it till I knew it had come down and watched it disappear back into the reserve. I don't need to tell you that now doors will be kept closed at all times of the day and my 2 cats will become indoor cats for a while - whether they like it or not!!

On a craft related note.... I can show you my secret sewing projects now... the first was a present for a friend who I have known for 40 years! and who's "special" birthday we celebrated yesterday.....
Pattern by Rosalie Quinlan - "Friends Needle Case"
and another fabric basket like the ones I made earlier in the  year.... a gift for another friend....

Alas not a lot of other "crafting" has been happening but will get back to you as soon as I have something of interest to show you....but hopefully not the snake again!

Happy stitching
Asta

No comments:

Post a Comment