Saturday 21 June 2014

Catching Up...

Well, it's been 2 weeks since I visited my blog ...... but I'm back!
Last time saw me ready to farewell by younger daughter on her overseas adventure.... these were our bags as we headed off to Sydney - would you believe mine is the bigger (!) one for one week and hers the other for an indefinite holiday!


Here we are with my mum at the airport - no tears....yet!


It was sad to see her go especially as I don't know when I will see her again but she is on an adventure of a lifetime and I am really excited for her - I did the same thing when I was her age and that was when the only way to communicate was "slow" mail and booking a phone call home!! My.... how times have changed as we keep in contact every couple of days or so.....
Spent the rest of that week in Sydney with my mum and dad - not a lot of time for crafting while there but I was knitting sox (again) - this time for my dad....


......displayed on my (sexy?) legs here. I use Patonyle 4 Ply sock wool - originally they were in 50gr balls and the socks were always symmetrical in design now the balls are 100gr and they never seem to knit up with exactly the same pattern on each sock - a bit frustrating but they are warm!!
Have been back at work this past week and nights have been spent doing some secret sewing - which I can't show you.....but, this book arrived in the post on Friday..


 .....full of lovely projects - would like to start them all! 

Heading off now to find those elusive balls of wool I was going to start knitting a cardigan with..... think about what other projects need finishing (or starting) and put a pot of soup on.... Catch up soon...maybe as soon as tomorrow depending on what my Sunday at home brings!

Happy Stitching
Asta

No comments:

Post a Comment