Monday 5 October 2015

Well, the long weekend is now at an end.... time to catch up with what I have been up to....

During the past week I actually had a project finished for OPAM (One Project a Month)! I've been so busy with the Nature's Journey quilt that I don't seem to have the time to actually finish any other project - Nature's Journey can't be included till it's finished :( ..... but here is my finish for September.....a start for Xmas
Pattern: Gail Pan

Then it was the first Friday of the month and time for FNWF ...... no stitching but time for cutting out another 200 x 2" squares for the Nature's Journey Quilt so.... with Miss Dora keeping an eye on things.....
...this teetering pile of fabrics......
became stacks of little squares a couple of hours later......
 Saturday dawned  - we were already into the second month of Spring and it was time to spring clean the house! ...An accumulation of magazines, a trail of fabrics from Nature's Journey quilt that seemed to have taken over the house (!) , various other on-going projects were all sorted and put away, furniture moved, the duster was out, even as the day was warming up I kept "hoovering" away! The house was well and truly "breathing" again!! 

Sunday - and a very hot day forecast! So.... together with a good friend we headed off to the Regional Orchid Show being held at one of the local clubs.... and air-conditioned! 
Who would have thought that there are so many varieties of orchids! ......from your traditional....

...to the exotics

....some with "attitude"....
...others you wouldn't even think were orchids.....
...... ones that looked more like a daffodil!
...other delicate ones.....
....and ones that were provided with a magnifying glass!! 
And this little orchid came home with me!....
Will it be the first of many? Ummm we'll see..... 

Then it was Monday - the last day of our long weekend :( .... gardening had been on the agenda for the weekend but it was too hot (don't enjoy being in the heat) so the day was spent pottering around in my sewing room - it is in quite a state and there will only be photos when there is an "after" as well as a "before"! ...... I finished reading my latest book....
 ....and enjoyed late afternoon with a glass of wine, nibbles and a few "old" magazines to browse through.
No stitching was done over this weekend but it's the start of a new week now so must get back into my Nature's Journey quilt - only machine sewing left now.

Hope all my readers had an enjoyable weekend too.
Happy Stitching
Asta

2 comments:

  1. Well done getting the spring cleaning done! It's not happening here even though it is needed. I'd rather stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asta, back in Bogland now! I might have to go to an Orchid Show after seeing this! Really looking forward to seeing your Nature's Journey.....bet it's looking just beautiful! And I'm having a Rose now!

    ReplyDelete