Monday 17 May 2021

More Catching Up

 Well, Autumn - my favourite season - is nearly over ......

We have had quite a cold snap over the last few days but not a lot of wind so this beautiful tree which I pass every day on my way to work is still holding onto its colourful Autumn coat.....


But back to updates from the last few weeks.....before it becomes months of updating..... In late March our embroidery group enjoyed a scrumptious high tea at the Bodalla Bakery....
And as we still had "warmish" weather during early April I took a wander down to my local beach for a quick dip - water wasn't quite as warm as the neighbour I passed on the way said it was - you could say it was refreshing.....
Enjoying lunch at our local Botanical Gardens late in April with a lovely friend, Lorraine, whom I met through embroidery - she was moving to Sydney.....

The first weekend in May and I was off to Sydney - the family gathered together again for another birthday celebration, this time for my sister, Vivien.....
...and while in Sydney my sisters and I actually went to a show!!! Yes, that in itself was a celebration as it has been quite a while...... show was great and enjoyed by all!!

Over the last few - or more - weeks I have of course been reading........"The Land Before Avocado" had me really laughing out load as I could relate to quite a few of the topics! 
Also I have my blog printed up into a journal - usually every 2 years - this time it covered from 2018 - 2020 - it was so interesting reading back over it as it included my trip to England in 2018 and of course Megan's wedding here in early 2020.....I always have the same front cover and for the back I usually choose a craft project - over the last 3 years I've made so many chickens I thought it would be appropriate they take "centre stage" on the back!! 
Some stitching to show this time..... a couple of gifted lavender bags and a return to a project that I have had for a while but this time I really must get it happening as there are so many new projects now lining up behind it - not to mention a number of UFOs!! 
This crochet blanket - still being finished off  - hopefully will be finished this Winter though I seem to remember saying that last Winter and the Winter before that!! Not quite sure whom this is being made for though??  
And to finish off..... Mother's Day has come and gone but every year that Megan has been overseas she sends me a greeting on Mothers Day..... this year it was from Ashdown Forest (not far from her home)......we went there when I was in England and loved the walk as part of it is the "real" place where Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh and friends "grew up" AA Milne lived in a nearby village and the forest has some of the sites of Pooh's adventures...... Hayley's Mother's Day phone call came from North Queensland where she happened to be holidaying! 
And that about sums up the last few weeks - well, since my last update. I really must do this more often as it takes some time to find my pictures and think back to what I have actually done..... but on that note I'll finish off  - till next time!

Happy Stitching
Asta 







2 comments:

  1. Nice catch up..... Must get my blog books up to date..... It's been some time since I printed one...... Maybe 4 years.....

    ReplyDelete