Friday 8 January 2021

Christmas 2020 and a New Year!

 Happy New Year - 2021 has arrived and hopefully it will be a good year for everyone!! 

We had our family Christmas in Bundanoon with a welcoming front door greeting each of us on arrival......and a rather cosy indoor Christmas in the Southern Highlands it was with drizzly rain and the weather cool enough for the heating to be turned on!

We even managed to all fit into a photo with Megan & James in England during "Face time"
(There was also a catch up with Hayley in Qld but we forgot to do "face time" - though she was busy cooking and getting ready to go out!) 
The rainy days over Christmas meant that most of our time was spent at a leisurely pace - with lots of chatter, reading, board games, eating, doing whatever you felt like doing - sometimes even taking an afternoon nap!..... A couple of days later the sun made its appearance through the clouds and Vivien and I headed for the outdoors... off on a walk! Up this track......
........and on into a part of the Moreton National Park - and as you can see last year's fires  did not leave the park untouched........
.......but lovely to see new growth, including wildflowers such as the flannel flowers.....
All too soon Christmas was over in Bundanoon and as we all left the fog rolled in across the fields around..... closing in the Southern Highlands.....
Once back home my new year started with more lazy days (and more rain) but enjoying a couple of my favourite pastimes...... stitching and reading! 
And....Santas have been packed away for another year ....Here are some close up photos of some of my many Santas... and yes, I did add another one to the "family" - "rescued" from an op shop! 
So let's see what 2021 brings our way..... I doubt there will be any travel plans made but maybe a road trip can be thought about?  Meanwhile I will keep stitching (a few projects have been started) , reading (my "books to read" pile is forever growing) , keeping in touch with friends and with family overseas and at home, gardening and.... I am still working! .... I think all that will be keeping me busy! 

Happy Stitching
Asta 


 














2 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear about your Christmas Asta. Aren't your parents amazing! Happy stitching and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Asta. Lovely to hear you had a nice Christmas with family. Great that technology has enabled contact with loved ones who are away especially during these strange times. Also good to see nature regenerating itself....wish the critters came back as quickly. Enjoy your reading and stitching. I imagine you are probably back at work by now. I seem to be very far behind in my blog reading. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete