Monday 26 October 2020

Weekends Away

 Has it really been that long since I was last here!! Where does the time go?? And more to the point what have I been doing? I have completed a few rows of knitting, did trace a pattern on my new light box but that was as far as I got, have fabric ready to cut out for a quilt, in the process of de-cluttering my sewing room - still ongoing - I came across a few "works in progress", discovered a X-stitch pattern I'd like to start...... but have no photos to share of any creativity - this time! 
But..... I did have a couple of weekends away - very rare in these days of not going too far. On the October long weekend I travelled up to Bundanoon (Southern Highlands) to visit my sister  as our other sister from the North Coast was there as well so gave us all a chance to spend some time together.... Bundanoon had a "Scarecrow Festival" so we took a drive around checking some of them out...

Linda taking a rest in the lovely garden behind the Bundanoon Memorial Hall.......
Enjoying lunch in Vivien's garden (took a while to get this "selfie" just right - arms aren't always long enough!
About a week ago decided to take a few days off work ..... just have a mini holiday at home but did pop up to Bundanoon again and from there Vivien and I drove to Sydney for the day to celebrate Dad's 98th birthday with the rest of the family.... 
Apart from patchwork shops my other favourite is Bunnings and after a visit during my mini holiday and leaving with a trolley full of plants most of my days off at home were then spent in the garden - another "work in progress" ! The end result was lots of colour and was rewarded by seeing happy bees and butterflies! My azaleas, which I do nothing with, were so thick with flowers this year you couldn't even see the green leaves!   
Well, that's about it for now...... next time I should have some photos of what I have been stitching while de-cluttering of my sewing room continues - I'm sure I could set up my own haberdashery shop - so much "stuff"!!! And on that note I'll share the following which I came across - somewhere! 
Happy Stitching
Asta











3 comments:

  1. Lovely to read about your adventures Asta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely spot for a break with your sisters..... Love the little picture.... So true.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to spend time away with your sisters. Happy 98th birthday to your Dad....wonderful! Your garden is looking beautiful. The good thing about stitching is that it waits for you. Giggling at your little meme at the end xx

    ReplyDelete